• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Prosecco tasting

redwinegulper

I did a tasting of Proseccos this weekend, and although Champagne sets the standard for sparkling wines, these wines are fun and a great economic alternative. My three favorites were:

1. Carpene Malvolti

2. Aneri

3. Ombra

If you get a chance try them!

PS - I do not sell any of these wines, I was just doing it for an article in my newsletter

Ed McAniff

A Taster's Journey

I always have a glass of prosecco as an apertif when I go out for Italian. In fact, I did so last night. Usually it's overpriced ($6 to $8 a glass), because most people confuse it with Champagne and are willing to pay a premium. I don't care, because I like it that much. And of course when I buy a bottle for the home, it's always under $10 (or if not, I'm unlikely to buy it), so I save money that way.

In abdomen veritas