• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guide to Smokefree Dining in NJ

rozrapp

The latest annual guide, 100% Smokefree Dining in New Jersey, published by NJ GASP (Group Against Smoking Pollution) is now available. There are no reviews. Listings by county and town include addresses, phone numbers, web sites, and indication if there is a liquor license. You can obtain a free copy via GASP's web site.

well, you see, from where i'm sitting, they could have easily posted it on their website, rather than wanting you to call so they could "chat".

edit: i stand corrected. you can search for the restaurants on their website here. in fact, the inclusion of websites makes this a very nice resource.

Edited by tommy (log)

well, you see, from where i'm sitting, they could have easily posted it on their website, rather than wanting you to call so they could "chat".

edit:  i stand corrected.  you can search for the restaurants on their website here.  in fact, the inclusion of websites makes this a very nice resource.

Tommy, I'm glad you corrected yourself. :smile:

tryska Posted on Dec 11 2003, 10:44 AM

right - seems like you either have to give them an address (mailing list), email address (spam) or a contact by phone (with the rather ominous sounding "little chat" included)

I want to make it clear that GASP looks to achieve its goals via the legislative route. If one wants to join, there is a very reasonable membership fee, and they rarely ask members for any additional donations.

If you don't want to join, but only want the guide, or any of the other materials they provide to restaurants and the public, you can tell them that you do not want to be placed on their mailing list. They will never "spam" you. And, as for asking for your phone number when you e-mail your order, that's strictly in case they have a question about the order and not to chat you up.