• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

To accompany your Wine Clip

Carolyn Tillie

I heard a deluxe model is coming with a battery operated pump so you do not even have to suck yourself. Just put your lips around the top and turn on the switch and it drinks for you. For those of you who would like the deluxe model and can afford I have a suggestion for you while you wait for it to hit the market. Send your bottles to me and I will drink them for you and provide you with complete tasting notes.

Hmmm... I don't know, Tommy. Would an electromagnet work as well as a rare earth magnet?

One assumes you mean coated copper wire as opposed to bare... otherwise I'm not so sure you'd want to put that metal pipe in your mouth.

--

Sort of looks like a crack pipe.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

i'm considering wrapping copper wire around a metal pipe (drilled with a hole or two of course) and connecting the wire ends to an AC outlet, and sucking the wine through that. this should clearly enhance my wine drinking experience.

Don't use a metal pipe -- you can get a nasty shock. Or, worse, the metal might react with the wine, changing its flavor.

--

ID

--

Don't use a metal pipe -- you can get a nasty shock. Or, worse, the metal might react with the wine, changing its flavor.

but you'll concede that there *will* be a difference, yes?

Ok, I'll concede more than that: some wines would be improved. But not any wine you'd have in your possession, of course.

--

ID

--

Definitely. I am sure you'd find the difference positively electrifying!

--

there's something very ghetto about drinking wine through a straw.

Something ghetto-FABULOUS!

*lol* well it is sporting a little bling-bling.

kinda beats out the plastic striped straws. those would be really ghetto.

Or is it time for another series of experiments?!?!?!

:raz:

Don't waste your time with more experiments. There are people here who have formed immutable opinions in advance.

Edited by Mark Sommelier (log)

Mark