• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Starr buying Striped Bass

michaelklein

I don't want to seem opportunistic and I don't know if it's ok to mix business into the posts but I'd like to offer (especially during the winter months when it can be hard to find a job) the chance for former employees of Striped Bass to Email me their resumes for employment at the Moshulu.

I know we always are looking for talented, committed professionals for both the front and back of the house. We opened in May of 2003 and had to fill over 60 positions so, as anybody in the business knows, we probably hired about 4 or 5 "keepers" :rolleyes:

If you'd like to email me a resume or brief summation of your experience & goals, feel free to send it to timolivett@comcast.net. Even though we are entering the "slow" season, I know we have positions open and of course come spring our restaurant opens the deck which is a 200 seat restaurant onto itself. In the kitchen, I'm always willing to "collect talent" even if it's not cost effective in the short term, since I know that you are only as good as your weakest cook.

Thanks and my heartfelt condolences go out to everyone in this hard situation, when I lived in NYC, I had just started at Peacock Alley in the Waldorf Astoria, two weeks before 9/11 and afterwards they closed the restaurant for three months. A few weeks later, my girlfriend and I went to an "open call" and there was 10 times the amount of people I had ever seen apply for a restaurant job (it looked like the cattle call for the show "The Restaurant"). We actually moved to Philly (as did alot of NYC chefs) once my unemployment ran out (hard to keep justifying paying for those multi-thousand dollar Manhattan shoeboxes) but we are happy that we did.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Tim:

I'll pass that info along to any of the former employees that I speak with or e-mail. Thanks!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I don't want to seem opportunistic and I don't know if it's ok to mix business into the posts but I'd like to offer (especially during the winter months when it can be hard to find a job) the chance for former employees of Striped Bass to Email me their resumes for employment at the Moshulu.

Greetings Jim

Let me add my welcome to eGullet.

Offering laid-off employees employment is anything but opportunistic.

Sounds like neat things are going on at Moshulu, which is great. For all too long that beautiful setting and ideal location was going to waste.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

• 4 weeks later...