• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Opening Soon.

Chef Fowke

Chef Fowke: Have been in touch with Opening Soon Yet ? I t sounds like your idea would be great for their show. I certainly would like see it happen from the get go.

Dan Walker

Chef/Owner

Weczeria Restaurant

Chef Fowke: Have been in touch with Opening Soon Yet ?  I t sounds like your idea would be great for their show.  I certainly would like see it happen from the get go.

I am going to be working with a young woman in Vancouver who is a media genius. She has suggested some type of Food Network presence at/before the opening.

Just between you and me.... it scares the hell out of me! Look at Rocco and his media team; he came across like a bungling fool. Now his investors are suing him for not taking care of their investment. I would rather concentrate on the opening details and the investor’s dollars.

This is one of the most stressful points in my life, I am not sure I want a camera in my face. What if I say a bad word, or ten!

Chef/Owner/Teacher

• 2 months later...

Chef, I would not worry about looking like an idiot like Rocco. There can only be one Rocco, if anything he has probably bought real chefs a little wiggle room, ya know. Besides your not going to have your 70+ year old mom in the kitchen while tooling around YVR on your Vespa -are you?!

Chef, I would not worry about looking like an idiot like Rocco. There can only be one Rocco, if anything he has probably bought real chefs a little wiggle room, ya know. Besides your not going to have your 70+ year old mom in the kitchen while tooling around YVR on your Vespa -are you?!

…luckily my mother is only 64 and of Scottish decent!

Chef/Owner/Teacher

Good Luck Chef! Hopefully you'll be open by the time I go to Vancouver in July. Did I miss the name of the place to be? Did my school externship at the Diva back in 2000 and have not to B.C. since I graduated. Can't wait...

EDIt to add: Saw a recent O.S. about a new place from the chef who did/does own Le Provence.

Edited by blueapron (log)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...