• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Orleans...Bayona or Herbsaint

slbunge

If you had to choose between Bayona and Herbsaint for lunch which would you choose and why?

Also, does anyone know if Uglesich's is open yet?

Edited for grammar. My fourth grade english teacher, Sister Dorothy, would have frowned at the previous version.

Edited by slbunge (log)

Stephen Bunge

St Paul, MN

I have only eaten at Bayona. I would go back to Bayona in a heartbeat. Aaah, the smoked duck, cashew butter, and pepper jelly sandwich on 7-Grain :wub::wub: Possibly the best "fancy" sandwich I've ever eaten. (And that was 5 years ago, but I still remember it.)

I vote for Bayona, given the choices. It is the standard on which all others are based. I did work for a short time at her grocery in the warehouse district that was called Spice. What fun that was, seriously. Great food and cool groceries.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Been to bayona twice and herbsaint 3 times (Dinner only). Herbsaint is just as good at half the price.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

Bayona is in the french quarter I believe on Dumaine. You can park across the street in a hotel lot and they will validate your ticket in the restaurant. Herbsaint is on the corner of St. Charles and Girod in the CBD, just valet there.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

Aaah, the smoked duck, cashew butter, and pepper jelly sandwich on 7-Grain  :wub:  :wub:  Possibly the best "fancy" sandwich I've ever eaten.

We recently went to Bayona and had the exact same reaction to that sandwich--amazing! (Didn't go to Herbsaint, sorry.)