• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

L.A. Ideas

Foodie-Girl

We had a terrific meal at Tanino's in Westwood about six months ago.  And friends of mine who have very selective palates adore the place.  Details are sketchy in my mind (short-term memory loss has set in at an amazing pace) but salads fresh and perfectly dressed, pastas and risottos were perfection, the wine list seemed to interest my brother (the knowledgeable one of the group) and service was sophisticated yet friendly.  I would highly recommend it and wonder if others here have tried it with satisfaction.

Tanino's is good, but it's not in Mori's league. In its league--Italian with nice vibe and good food--it's a cut above like all the Drago family spots.

Tanino's is nice--a good choice in Westwood, for sure. But in my book, Angelini Osteria has much better food.

H'wood--do you mean Di Mori in Beverly Hills? I've not been there...

Tanino's is good, but it's not in Mori's league. In its league--Italian with nice vibe and good food--it's a cut above like all the Drago family spots.

Tanino's is nice--a good choice in Westwood, for sure. But in my book, Angelini Osteria has much better food.

H'wood--do you mean Di Mori in Beverly Hills? I've not been there...

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

I'm on the road...currently in Sonoma...but I had to write. We had dinner at Patina last week...did the whole-nine-yards tasting menu and they were on top of their game big-time. You'd never have guessed they were closing in a week. Great food, service....wish I could recount all we ate..but it was fantastic !!