• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ptipois

Ptipois

Sorry that you got no reply in more than a year, but here’s an attempt.

From reading the recipe I think there may be something wrong with it. Evidently the preparation lacked body.

Moisture is usually not an issue with mushrooms unless you soak them in water. The way with cèpes and shiitake (oyster mushrooms rarely need cleaning) is using a damp paintbrush and/or damp tissue paper. But if cèpes were picked in rainy weather they can contain plenty of water. However I doubt that’s the real problem there, I’d suspect the forcemeat (pork + breadcrumbs) wasn’t firm enough. Normally it shouldn’t need one extra egg.

Would it be possible to have a picture of the recipe in French?

Ptipois

Ptipois

From reading the recipe I think there may be something wrong with it. Evidently the preparation lacked body.

Moisture is usually not an issue with mushrooms unless you soak them in water. The way with cèpes and shiitake (oyster mushrooms rarely need cleaning) is using a damp paintbrush and damp tissue paper. But if cèpes were picked in rainy weather they can contain plenty of water. However I doubt that’s the real problem there, I’d suspect the forcemeat (pork + breadcrumbs) wasn’t firm enough. Normally it shouldn’t need one extra egg.

Would it be possible to have a picture of the recipe in French?

Ptipois

Ptipois

Moisture is usually not an issue with mushrooms unless you soak them in water. The way with cèpes and shiitake (oyster mushrooms rarely need cleaning) is using a damp paintbrush and damp tissue paper. But if cèpes were picked in rainy weather they can contain plenty of water. However I doubt that’s the real problem there, I’d suspect the forcemeat (pork + breadcrumbs wasn’t firm enough. Would it be possible to have a picture of the recipe in French?