• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I Was Eating ____

elyse

The next time Bourdain accuses me of making this site too tame I'm going to laugh at him.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Well, since Special Ed's a guy, and tommy is a guy, the other side would be dick in my book.  Can I say that here?  And I wanted to know why these two guys who I thought were straight boys thought this stuff tasted like dick.  Fair?  And fish sauce?  How the hell would I know the foreign names of fish sauce?

tommy's a pain in the other side of nuoc cham.

elyse - you are a stitch

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

:smile:

but elyse, if special ed is a guy, and he says he knows what ass tastes like, my assumption would be that he's familiar with a woman. so the other side wouldn't be a dick, as you say. unless ed has been to prison, in which case all bets are off and i don't have a dog in this race.

Edited by tommy (log)

but elyse, if special ed is a guy, and he says he knows what ass tastes like, my assumption would be that he's familiar with a woman. so the other side wouldn't be a dick, as you say. unless ed has been to prison, in which case all bets are off and i don't have a dog in this race.

Oh shut up.

Nuoc cham = nuoc mam = nam pla = fish sauce

nuoc cham, i think, is actually a condiment mad from nam pla and vinegar and/or lime juice, among other things. and i think those acidic notes complete the picture.

Yeah, you're right.

But don't mess with my girl Elyse, or you'll be in big trouble, buster.

BUT, if Special Ed know the taste of ass from a woman, would he really use it in a derogatory way? :unsure:

BUT, if Special Ed know the taste of ass from a woman, would he really use it in a derogatory way? :unsure:

did he? regardless, all ass is most certainly not created equal. but i want to try these pringles now for sure.

:laugh:

It turned green a couple of hours ago. Maybe it's sympathetic to how Tommy feels by this time of night?

Edited to add: Tommy, you ARE a pussy. Sheesh, not even any talk, let alone action. I said it way back at 10:47pm.

Edited by Suzanne F (log)

Edited to add: Tommy, you ARE a pussy.  Sheesh, not even any talk, let alone action.  I said it way back at 10:47pm.

i'm comfortable being a pussy.

egullet tends to get a bit weird after 11 pm. luckily, by 10 am tomorrow, some folks will be back on to have "normal" discussions. :laugh:

If you want to taste it, then wished you smelled it, maybe you'll grow up enough to enjoy fresh durian, stinky bean curd, flavored with pastis or ngouc nam as a appetizer. Followed by the Black, Slimy, Cooked Rare Queens Grouse or some drunken fermented crab, hawaian raw pickled liver [aki], jumping live drunken shrimp. yuuuummmmy. Remember grossing out is only one type of upsmanship. Only count's if you've actually been there, done that. maybe put your money where your mouth is. That meal costs about $150.00. Ooops, forgot the Balotes. If you top mine. I'll try for yours. But only what you've personaly experienced, not just imagined. If your in Seattle, i've just gotten a email that my favorite market has live Turtle, 4 varieties of live frogs and toads plus live sea slugs.

I don't say that I do. But don't let it get around that I don't.

Edited to add: Tommy, you ARE a pussy.  Sheesh, not even any talk, let alone action.  I said it way back at 10:47pm.

i'm comfortable being a pussy.

egullet tends to get a bit weird after 11 pm. luckily, by 10 am tomorrow, some folks will be back on to have "normal" discussions. :laugh:

Would that be eGullet Blue? I don't think I have any time frame for this type of discussion.