• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Always, always eat where the chefs eat!

Hal commented "I've also seen Tom Douglas and the chef from Rovers eating there (at Harvest Vine) as well."

What other chefs and restauranteurs have you seen eating and where?

Jonathan Sundstrom (E&O at the W) at Fandango and Salumi.

Thierry Rautureau (Rover's) and Charles Ramseyer (Ray's) at Brasa.

Matt (Matt's in the Market) at Cafe Campagne.

Eric (Matt's in the Market) at Salumi.

Jim Drohman (Le Pichet) at Matt's in the Market.

Chris Keff (Flying Fish and Fandango) at Matt's in the Market.

Jacques Pepin and Tony Bourdain (I didn't witness these) at Cafe Besalu. No, not together. Wouldn't that be fine?

I saw Matt (of Matt's in the Market) having lunch at La Spiga, I even had a glass of wine with him. I'm told that Pietro (of La Spiga) eats at Matt's pretty regularly as well....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I've seen Sue Cown, the pastry chef from Earth & Ocean, at The Georgian and 727 Pine.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I've seen Josef Jimenez de Jimenez (Harvest Vine) at Maximillans

Nuh-uh, I saw him first.....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I've seen Josef Jimenez de Jimenez (Harvest Vine) at Maximillans

I used to see him (and other chefs) regularly at El Greco on Broadway for brunch on the weekends, though since Thomas Soukakos sold the place, I haven't seen him there. :sad: Thomas told me a few weeks ago he's been helping out at Harvest Vine - hopefully he'll be opening a new place soon.

I've also seen Josef at Le Fournil (poor guy, he was trying to carry a latte, about 10 baguettes and a bunch of other stuff, and his latte ended up on the floor)

- S