• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

I wash them off, remove the bigger stems (these are good pickled). Put some olive oil in a covered sauce pan big enough to accommodate them raw, add some crushed garlic over medium high heat and add the still wet leaves. Cover them long enough for them to cook down, uncover and cook until tender. Take a little sample after every few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. They are quite good. The leftovers are also good on a hot day, served cold, with a bit of Italian dressing.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

I wash them off, remove the bigger stems (these are good pickled). Put some olive oil in a covered sauce pan big enough to accommodate them raw, add some crushed garlic over medium high heat and add the still wet leaves. Cover them long enough for them to cook down, uncover and cook until tender. Take a little sample after every few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. They are quite good. The leftovers are quite good on a hot day, served cold, with a bit of Italian dressing.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

I wash them off, remove the bigger stems (these are good pickled). Put some olive oil in a covered sauce pan big enough to accommodate them raw, add some crushed garlic over medium high heat and add the still wet leaves. Cover them long enough for them to cook down, uncover and cook until tender. Take a little sample after every few minutes. They are quite good. The leftovers are quite good on a hot day, served cold, with a bit of Italian dressing.

HC