• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for someone to cater BBQ in France

jsibley

This may seem like an odd request, but I told a friend that I would help him out.

My friend is in charge of several vineyards in France and would like to host an American barbecue for about 250 people during Vinexpo in Bordeaux at the end of June. He's British and a bit of a contrarian.

He's looking for someone with a lot of experience who would be interested in doing this. It would probably be amusing, might get some good publicity, and should be worth a few nice bottles of wine.

Does anyone have any suggestions of someone who might be good for this?

Thanks.

Jonathan

I'd be more concerned about a competent local caterer having the appropriate equipment and experience than I would be about them following a recipe or finding ingredients.

Interesting conundrum. If you're looking for volunteers I'm holding up a sign that reads:

Will Do Prep for Wine

:laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Here in Texas there are three or four very famous caterers that do BBQ anywhere in the world.

Most notably, they have done it for high-profile politicians here in the States and abroad. I think that one recently did a Texas-style cowboy BBQ at a U.S. embassy in Europe. One did a BBQ for Bush's inauguration in DC.

That kind of thing.

If your friend is interested in authenticity, let me know and I can get you names and contact information.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.