• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sid Post

Sid Post

22 hours ago, gfweb said:

That countertop hot plate doesn't look like it would accommodate  more than two smallish pans.  Would that fit your needs?

I live alone so, my basic daily needs are a single burner for breakfast and most lunch/supper meals.  The big burner is ~1300W so plenty of power for a cast iron skillet to sear a steak or to cook some ground meat for a skillet meal of some sort or various pasta themed meals.  The smaller burner would be fine for some oatmeal or hot tea and similar things.  I will also have my Breville Smart Oven to bake things.

The spacing is probably too tight to use both burners at the same time unless I am using small pans though.  That is a pretty common limitation with any dual burners I have seen.

Sid Post

Sid Post

22 hours ago, gfweb said:

That countertop hot plate doesn't look like it would accommodate  more than two smallish pans.  Would that fit your needs?

I live alone so, my basic daily needs are a single burner for breakfast and most lunch/supper meals.  The big burner is ~1300W so plenty of power for a cast iron skillet to sear a steak or to cook some ground meat for a skillet meal of some sort or various pasta themed meals.  The smaller burner would be fine for some oatmeal or hot tea and similar things.  I will also have my Breville Smart Oven to bake things.