• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean Hotdogs and Donuts

MetsFan5

Not sure if this is the correct topic to post in, but I am curious about the trending mochi donuts and “Korean hot dogs”. The hot dogs seem like the ultimate late night weekend snack but I haven’t tried them or the donuts. Has anyone else? 

This small chain is local to me: https://www.mochimoly.com

• Like 2

The hot dogs have been a thing for a while.

This one on Ludlow Street opened a few years ago; it drew big crowds for a while; don't know if it still does.  

https://www.ohkdog.com/

With Katz's around the corner, I find very little reason to ever try a Korean hot dog.

• Confused 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Posted (edited)

I think the cheese dogs are essentially mozzarella sticks on a stick? 

I do appreciate a good corn dog, so I’m mostly curious about these snacks. 

has anyone actually tried one? 

Edited by MetsFan5 (log)
  • Like 1

I never heard of these Korean dogs. But the more I learn about them the more I just want an old-fashioned state fair corn dog. Thanks, but I'll take my mozzarella on a pizza. As for rolling a panko breaded hot dog in sugar, well, the end is nigh.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 12:37 AM, Katie Meadow said:

I never heard of these Korean dogs. But the more I learn about them the more I just want an old-fashioned state fair corn dog. Thanks, but I'll take my mozzarella on a pizza. As for rolling a panko breaded hot dog in sugar, well, the end is nigh.

I didn’t see any hotdogs with sugar added— the one that appeals to me is the corn dog with potatoes:

IMG_3492.jpeg

• Like 1