• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

needed a t

I've ordered some of the Wickedly Prime snacks, toffee coconut cashews and cinnamon sugar almonds.  The cashews are standout, I've reordered several times.   But that's about it for Wickedly Prime.   I remember amz having lots more WP snacks a couple years ago, now there's barely handful of offerings under that brand.

I never saw any of those WP offerings as a TJ's substitute.   It just didn't equate in my mind that there was a plan to compete. I shop TJ's at least a couple times a month for many things.

I don't think amz can compete with TJ's in cachet, shopper experience and flexibility.  

11 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Now, I could give them a list of discontinued TJ's products that I'd be happy to order if Amazon decided to resurrect them!

I do mourn many departed items myself. 

lemniscate

lemniscate

I've ordered some of the Wickedly Prime snacks, toffee coconut cashews and cinnamon sugar almonds.  The cashews are standout, I've reordered several times.   But that's about it for Wickedly Prime.   I remember amz having lots more WP snacks a couple years ago, now there's barely handful of offerings under that brand.

I never saw any of those WP offerings as a TJ's substitute.   It just didn't equate in my mind that there was a plan to compete. I shop TJ's at least a couple times a month for many things.

I don't think amz can compete with TJ's in cache, shopper experience and flexibility.  

7 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Now, I could give them a list of discontinued TJ's products that I'd be happy to order if Amazon decided to resurrect them!

I do mourn many departed items myself.