• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deephaven

Deephaven

14 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I'm not sure how that power burst would help a home cook.  I am really impatient, but my gas blue star is fast enough with a boil for me.

Test driving a wolf induction and couldn't believe how much faster it was than my blue start.  Using the same pan I could nearly put 50% more ground beef in it without getting water in the bottom of it.  Was shockingly effective.  Enough so that I ordered one and am selling my Blue Star.  I've had the BS since 2007 and it has treated me REALLY well, but I am excited to move into my new kitchen here soon with the Wolf.

It's going on this wall.  

kYcaNCe.jpg

Hoping they start sheetrock on Monday!

Deephaven

Deephaven

11 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I'm not sure how that power burst would help a home cook.  I am really impatient, but my gas blue star is fast enough with a boil for me.

Test driving a wolf induction and couldn't believe how much faster it was than my blue start.  Using the same pan I could nearly put 50% more ground beef in it without getting water in the bottom of it.  Was shockingly effective.  Enough so that I ordered one and am selling my Blue Star.  I've had the BS since 2007 and it has treated me REALLY well, but I am excited to move into my new kitchen here soon with the Wolf.