• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I made some milk bread starting  late this morning.  Somewhat later  couple of teens-or they might be early 20's- that Charlie is friends with and  is paying to  do some yard work came over. Around 4:30, he came in the kitchen and wanted to order some food for them but then asked if I could make some chicken breasts, Martini style. I figured I could if he would watch the bread in the oven. I ran to the store, he got one loaf out of the oven while I was gone and the second one came out as I was walking into the kitchen. ( they had alarm probes in them). it was over an hour later when the chicken was done along with some pasta and jarred Alfredo sauce and a mixed vegetables from the freezer dept. at the store. Charlie cut up the bread and make garlic bread with the slices. We were done eating sometime after 6 PM but it didn't think to take pictures.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I made some milk bread starting  late this morning.  Somewhat later  couple of teens that Charlie is friends with and  is paying to  do some yard work came over. Around 4:30, he came in the kitchen and wanted to order some food for them but then asked if I could make some chicken breasts, Martini style. I figured I could if he would watch the bread in the oven. I ran to the store, he got one loaf out of the oven while I was gone and the second one came out as I was walking into the kitchen. ( they had alarm probes in them). it was over an hour later when the chicken was done along with some pasta and jarred Alfredo sauce and a mixed vegetables from the freezer dept. at the store. Charlie cut up the bread and make garlic bread with the slices. We were done eating sometime after 6 PM but it didn't think to take pictures.