• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To fix link & add food

2 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I totally understand where you're coming from and I just hope that the good experience with good relatives outweighs the bad.

As far as your mother-in-law being 82 years old, age is no excuse for bad manners. I'm 84 and I sincerely hope that if I were that much of a b**** that somebody would slap me in the head and put me in my place. My mother always said that if you took a long look at nasty old men that you would find out that they were just as nasty when they were young.

Maybe @Kim Shook might want to shell out $29.99 to have Leslie Jones keep an eye on MIL? 

Watch this for a good chuckle:  

I will be joining my cousins, as I have for quite a few years.  There will be changes. My cousin's younger son passed away a few months ago, leaving his wife and 11 yo daughter.  I hope they come but understand they may not. Older son is in the midst of a divorce so I'll miss seeing his soon-to-be ex and am unsure whether their teen daughters will attend. Cousin's older sister passed away last month and younger sister's dementia is at the point where the lively phone calls or FaceTime sessions we used to share won't be happening. 

I'm bringing the cranberry curd tart that the 11 year old loves, some sort of salad - Diana Henry's blackberry and caraway slaw is most likely, pockets full of Kleenex and maybe Leslie Jones 🙃

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I totally understand where you're coming from and I just hope that the good experience with good relatives outweighs the bad.

As far as your mother-in-law being 82 years old, age is no excuse for bad manners. I'm 84 and I sincerely hope that if I were that much of a b**** that somebody would slap me in the head and put me in my place. My mother always said that if you took a long look at nasty old men that you would find out that they were just as nasty when they were young.

Maybe @Kim Shook might want to shell out $29.99 to have Leslie Jones keep an eye on MIL? 

Watch this for a good chuckle:  https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzpSaUKAuh8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I will be joining my cousins, as I have for quite a few years.  There will be changes. My cousin's younger son passed away a few months ago, leaving his wife and 11 yo daughter.  I hope they come but understand they may not. Older son is in the midst of a divorce so I'll miss seeing his soon-to-be ex and am unsure whether their teen daughters will attend. Cousin's older sister passed away last month and younger sister's dementia is at the point where the lively phone calls or FaceTime sessions we used to share won't be happening. 

I'm bringing the cranberry curd tart that the 11 year old loves, some sort of salad - Diana Henry's blackberry and caraway slaw is most likely, and pockets full of Kleenex!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

46 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Watch this for a good chuckle:  https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzpSaUKAuh8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link