• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CorineMoulton

CorineMoulton

On 10/15/2023 at 4:49 AM, blue_dolphin said:

My go-to preserve-sweetened pan sauce (pretty much everything is optional depending on how much you want your preserves to stand alone)

Sauté 2T finely minced shallot, red onion and/or ginger in 2T butter, ideally in the meat-cooking pan

Add 1/4 cup vinegar + 1/4 cup wine and bring to a simmer

Add 1/2 cup preserves, 2T Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup broth or stock and continue simmering to desired consistency. 
Swirl in 1T butter, taste to see if it needs salt or acid and serve. 

Thank you, I will try it.

Edit: I tried it and it was so yummy. :)

CorineMoulton

CorineMoulton

My go-to preserve-sweetened pan sauce (pretty much everything is optional depending on how much you want your preserves to stand alone)

Sauté 2T finely minced shallot, red onion and/or ginger in 2T butter, ideally in the meat-cooking pan

Add 1/2 cup preserves, 2T Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup broth or stock and continue simmering to desired consistency. 

Thank you, I will try it. For anyone looking for a dependable place to purchase research papers. Because of their user-friendly https://www.topessaywriting.org/buy-research-paper website, placing an order is a breeze. The research paper I ordered was of a high calibre; it was perfectly written, thoroughly researched, and delivered on schedule. My concerns are promptly addressed by the professional and responsive team at TopEssayWriting.org. They provide a variety of services to meet various academic needs, and their prices are fair.

CorineMoulton

CorineMoulton