• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

6 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

I don't use Lawry's - as it tastes like not much more than salt to me but I did contemplate some additional seasoning but decided that I would be taking away from the original which was what I was craving. As I mentioned the craving was out of the blue. Thankfully I am far enough on the path of life that I could rule out pregnancy!

As ive mentioned, i go very light on the Lawry's, but I always found "find your own bag and shake n bake" to be a bit bland for my taste. A light sprinkle on both sides of a pork chop really brings it to the next level. You could make your own Lawry's without salt if you think theres enough salt in the original mix. Its basicly sugar, celery seed, onion powder, and garlic powder. Might be some white pepper in their too.

FeChef

FeChef

4 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

I don't use Lawry's - as it tastes like not much more than salt to me but I did contemplate some additional seasoning but decided that I would be taking away from the original which was what I was craving. As I mentioned the craving was out of the blue. Thankfully I am far enough on the path of life that I could rule out pregnancy!

As ive mentioned, i go very light on the Lawry's, but I always found "find your own bag and shake n bake" to be a bit bland for my taste. A light sprinkle on both sides of a pork chop really brings it to the next level.

FeChef

FeChef

1 minute ago, MaryIsobel said:

As ive mentioned, i go very light on the Lawry's, but I always found "find your own bag and shake" to be a bit bland for my taste. A light sprinkle on both sides of a pork chop really brings it to the next level.