• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Finding specific molds

jauhe

There are a couple chocolate molds I've run across that I'd love to get but can't seem to find online for sale. Does anyone recognize these or know where they can be purchased?

1. The mold for "Toucans" in Chocolates & Confections (on page 176 and I believe on page 84 as well in the section on airbrushing). They're bars (not much longer than a normal hemisphere bonbon) with rounded corners that come to a sharp point along the top.
  2. The example photo used for the colored cocoa butter sold at Pastry Chef's Boutique (basically cocoa pod shaped but perfectly smooth and symmetrical). Ideally in a small "standard" size like the other one.

Pretty sure this  CW mold is the toucan mold. 

Closest I can find to the second one is the Haasnoot quenelle mold - here.

Wait - here it is - it's a Martellato 

• Like 3

You all are amazing 🙂 Thanks! Martellato mold looks perfect. The CW one is a little hard to tell in the photo (it almost looks like the end is flat instead of rounded), but that's probably it. Thanks!

9 hours ago, jauhe said:

You all are amazing 🙂 Thanks! Martellato mold looks perfect. The CW one is a little hard to tell in the photo (it almost looks like the end is flat instead of rounded), but that's probably it. Thanks!

I do know that the CW on is the right one - I have one from back in the day. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 5:59 AM, Kerry Beal said:

Pretty sure this  CW mold is the toucan mold. 

Closest I can find to the second one is the Haasnoot quenelle mold - here.

Wait - here it is - it's a Martellato 

Thank you, you made my day :)

Edit: I ordered Chocolat Mold Gianduja.

Edited by CorineMoulton (log)
  • Like 1