• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

correction

During the winter months, I will order the ground elk offerings from Costco, only when they go on sale (sometimes up to $50 off on special).  They've had more offerings like preformed elk burgers and elk medallions. 

**  EDITING to add that the elk burgers and medallions are still on the Costco site as of 9/7/2023 and the preformed burgers are onsale online $50USD off.

This is not economical meat but for game meat it's more affordable if you have the space to store it.

I'd say elk is my number 3 fave, bison is first, wild boar is second.   The venison I've ordered hasn't been loved by the household so I quit buying it.

lemniscate

lemniscate

correction

During the winter months, I will order the ground elk offerings from Costco, only when they go on sale (sometimes up to $50 off on special).  They've had more offerings like preformed elk burgers and elk medallions. 

**  EDITING to add that the elk burgers and medallions are still on the Costco site as of 9/7/2023 and the preformed burgers are onsale online $50USD off.

This is not economical meat but for game meat it's more affordable if you have the space to store it.

I'd say elk is my number 3 fave, bison is first, wild boar is second.   The venison I've ordered hasn't been loved by the household so I quit buying it.

lemniscate

lemniscate

correction

**  EDITING to add that the elk burgers and medallions are still on the Costco site as of 9/7/2023 and the preformed burgers are onsale online.

lemniscate

lemniscate

During the winter months, I will order the ground elk offerings from Costco, only when they go on sale (sometimes up to $50 off on special).  They've had more offerings like preformed elk burgers and elk medallions that are no longer on the site.