• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Recently @liuzhou mentioned the topic of Starbucks coffee and I found out that @kayb and I share an opinion about the quality of the coffee.

I know, they have a lot of fancy concoctions and supposedly their pastries and cakes are good but their coffee, as coffee, sucks. It always tastes burnt and it leaves an aftertaste that is reminiscent of pencil shavings.

I'm from Seattle and I would never ever go to Starbucks for coffee but it is shoved down your throat everywhere. To me there was nothing worse than having a fine meal and then to be served a cup of Starbucks.

I live in Costa Rica now which is coffee country and about four or five years ago Starbucks arrived. It is failing miserably. Soon after they arrived they started putting their coffee on the supermarket shelves. It finally wound up in their sales bins and they couldn't even get rid of it at half off.

So please tell me, if you are a Starbucks fan, is it just the mixed drinks that you like or do you actually drink their coffee?

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Recently @liuzhou posted a photo  on Amusing Writing Errors that expresses exactly what I feel about Starbucks coffee.

I know, they have a lot of fancy concoctions and supposedly their pastries and cakes are good but their coffee, as coffee, sucks. It always tastes burnt and it leaves an aftertaste that is reminiscent of pencil shavings.

I'm from Seattle and I would never ever go to Starbucks for coffee but it is shoved down your throat everywhere. To me there was nothing worse than having a fine meal and then to be served a cup of Starbucks.

I live in Costa Rica now which is coffee country and about four or five years ago Starbucks arrived. It is failing miserably. Soon after they arrived they started putting their coffee on the supermarket shelves. It finally wound up in their sales bins and they couldn't even get rid of it at half off.

So please tell me, if you are a Starbucks fan, is it just the mixed drinks that you like or do you actually drink their coffee?

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Recently @liuzhou posted a photo  on Food Funnies that expresses exactly what I feel about Starbucks coffee.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Recently @liuzhou posted a photo  on Food Funnies that expresses exactly what I feel about Starbucks coffee.

I live in Costa Rica which is coffee country and about four or five years ago Starbucks arrived. It is failing miserably. Soon after they arrived they started putting their coffee on the supermarket shelves. It finally wound up in their sales bins and they couldn't even get rid of it at half off.