• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Five minutes, which is about the time it takes to make a thermos of tea. I don't cook breakfast. If my husband decides to make biscuits or pancakes I time my appearance for five minutes before anything is ready. Ordinarily I just eat toast and fruit. If there's leftover pizza that's exciting and, since my technique for heating it involves popping it in the toaster, it takes about as long as toast. We eat an early dinner, so I'm hungry in the morning. And please don't talk to me. My husband gets up earlier than I do, so the butter and marmalade are already out. He even cuts my bread for me, mainly because I am bad at making even slices and he seems to be a genius in that respect. He doesn't want me to cut my own because it means his next slice will always be a wonky correction. 

Just let me know when it's ready, @blue_dolphin!

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Five minutes, which is about the time it takes to make a thermos of tea. I don't cook breakfast. If my husband decides to make biscuits or pancakes I time my appearance for five minutes before anything is ready. Ordinarily I just eat toast and fruit. If there's leftover pizza that's exciting and, since my technique for heating it involves popping it in the toaster, it takes about as long as toast. We eat an early dinner, so I'm hungry in the morning. And please don't talk to me. My husband gets up earlier than I do, so the butter and marmalade are already out. He even cuts my bread for me, mainly because I am bad at making even slices and he seems to be a genius in that respect. He doesn't want me to cut my own because it means his next slice will always be a wonky correction.