• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I've been lurking on this thread from the beginning and I found the hatred of green bell Peppers absolutely incredible. Then going down in the proverbial rabbit holes of back threads I found this one. Food neuroses that drive you nuts. Compared to a lot of past members you're not so crazy after all. I did find it interesting that in all 10 pages, nobody mentioned green bell peppers.

Myself, I love them. I have a special reason for liking sausage, green peppers and onions. Years ago, my future husband who was just a friend at the time helped me move into a new apartment. We finished about dinner time and all I had in my fridge was some Italian sausage, green peppers and onions so I fixed a stir fry with it. Although for several years, he had eaten in restaurant where I worked, I had never fixed a home cooked meal for him. I couldn't have gotten rid of him for anything after that meal. We started dating and were together for over 30 years. That was always one of his favorite meals.

So the rest of you, hate away. I've found this a very amusing topic.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I've been lurking on this thread from the beginning and I found the hatred of green bell Peppers absolutely incredible. Then going down in the proverbial rabbit holes of back threads I found this one. Food neuroses that drive you nuts. Compared to a lot of past members you're not so crazy after all. I did find it interesting that in all 10 pages, nobody mentioned green bell peppers.

Myself, I love them. I have a special reason for liking sausage, green peppers and onions. Years ago, my future husband who was just a friend at the time helped me move into a new apartment. We finished about dinner time and all I had in my fridge was some Italian sausage, green peppers and onions so I fixed a stir fry with it. Although for several years, he had eaten in restaurant where I worked, I had never fixed a home cooked meal for him. I couldn't have gotten rid of him for anything after that meal. We started dating and we're together for over 30 years. That was always one of his favorite meals.

So the rest of you, hate away. I've found this a very amusing topic.