• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

I was talking about the Tingly Chili, not the spicy soy.  Sorry for the confusion. 

With the Tingly Chili -- if you sauce the noodles, and don't retain any of the boiling liquid, which is what I did last night -- my lips were on fire after 2/3 of the bowl.  It has a little of that szechuan pepper sensation, and then a whole lot of heat.  

Also -- I saw this today, https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/best-instant-noodles/?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR0SA5qwqctGlAQbDEms1xAwkzQvSz13EQEyRGGHJy_pAVxHECrYm5Z4INM; and realized that I just have not consumed enough of this product to be making any truly intelligent comparison at all.  

SLB

SLB

I was talking about the Tingly Chili, not the spicy soy.  Sorry for the confusion. 

With the Tingly Chili -- if you sauce the noodles, and don't retain any of the boiling liquid, which is what I did last night -- my lips were on fire after 2/3 of the bowl.  It has a little of that szechuan pepper sensation, and then a whole lot of heat.