• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

We walked up a hill for the views
M2q75c0.jpg

That's the hill and former castle from where I took the photo above
71Cg6ef.jpg

Colours of Santorini
BbyAveI.jpg

Young people enjoying the summer
zu8ULi0.jpg

For lunch we went to a basement restaurant. The kind of restaurant where the staff are dressed in traditional garments and the deco is traditional, and the food is also mostly traditional. It's a nice place, like being transported back to another age. But then Lithuania was like that not that long ago.

Cold beetroot soup
JGirgyK.jpg

"Farmer's Feast" is a big meal. We managed to finish half and took the rest back to the lodging for another day.
LCW9Jz1.jpg

Zeppelin dumpling, mashed potatoes in a sausage casing. And back there are potato pancakes.
qobQG4E.jpg

The potatoesausage thing had an intense smell, it came from the sausage casing. The smell also penetrated the potato so the partner ate my half, too. Rendered Speck in a little pail for topping and moistening these specific things.
sH4kCAw.jpg

Sausage and pig's knuckle/hock, both small in size. If you have eaten Schweinehaxe in Germany this one is a mini version of that, the part lower down the leg.
z09xeFe.jpg

Dinner back at the lodging later...  In a big supermarket I was observing locals who came to the smoked fish counter. Many of them bought smoked salmon carcasses. They looked good and I was curious so I had to buy one. Basically, it's a carcass with some meat still attached, and is hot smoked. The tail is folded in the photo.
6d8CZya.jpg

Pea shoots and broccoli cress bought at the organic market. I also got sunflower and radish cresses. After trying sunflower and pea shoots I now scoff at radish and broccoli cresses.
n3Xqntt.jpg

Bought the black bread at another market. This chunk here weighs 1,3kg (about 2,8lbs).
BV33AJ7.jpg

This is actually vegetarian "trout roe". Looks exactly like the real thing, doesn't taste half bad, either. It's the first time I've come across such a thing so I had to try it.
t6TVNFu.jpg

The smoked salmon has spices and chilli flakes. Buy this if you like to gnaw on bones (I do).
zFrs8F4.jpg

A couple of beer after our sauna session
YA6ZF4I.jpg

0CipsDP.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

M2q75c0.jpg

That's the hill and former castle where I took the photo above
71Cg6ef.jpg

Colours of Santorini
BbyAveI.jpg

Young people enjoying the summer
zu8ULi0.jpg

For lunch we went to a basement restaurant. The kind of restaurant where the staff are dressed in traditional garments and the deco is traditional, and the food is also mostly traditional. It's a nice place, like being transported back to another age. But then Lithuania was like that not that long ago.

Cold beetroot soup
JGirgyK.jpg

"Farmer's Feast" is a big meal. We managed to finish half and took the rest back to the lodging for another day.
LCW9Jz1.jpg

Zeppelin dumpling, mashed potatoes in a sausage casing. And back there are potato pancakes.
qobQG4E.jpg

The potatoesausage thing had an intense smell, it came from the sausage casing. The smell also penetrated the potato so the partner ate my half, too. Rendered Speck in a little pail for topping and moistening these specific things.
sH4kCAw.jpg

Sausage and pig's knuckle/hock, both small in size. If you have eaten Schweinehaxe in Germany this one is a mini version of that, the part lower down the leg.
z09xeFe.jpg

Dinner back at the lodging later...  In a big supermarket I was observing locals who came to the smoked fish counter. Many of them bought smoked salmon carcasses. They looked good and I was curious so I had to buy one. Basically, it's a carcass with some meat still attached, and is hot smoked. The tail is folded in the photo.
6d8CZya.jpg

Pea shoots and broccoli cress bought at the organic market. I also got sunflower and radish cresses. After trying sunflower and pea shoots I now scoff at radish and broccoli cresses.
n3Xqntt.jpg

Bought the black bread at another market. This chunk here weighs 1,3kg (about 2,8lbs).
BV33AJ7.jpg

This is actually vegetarian "trout roe". Looks exactly like the real thing, doesn't taste half bad, either. It's the first time I've come across such a thing so I had to try it.
t6TVNFu.jpg

The smoked salmon has spices and chilli flakes. Buy this if you like to gnaw on bones (I do).
zFrs8F4.jpg

YA6ZF4I.jpg

0CipsDP.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

M2q75c0.jpg

That's the hill and former castle where I took the photo above
71Cg6ef.jpg

Cold beetroot soup
JGirgyK.jpg

LCW9Jz1.jpg

qobQG4E.jpg

sH4kCAw.jpg

z09xeFe.jpg

6d8CZya.jpg

n3Xqntt.jpg

BV33AJ7.jpg

t6TVNFu.jpg

zFrs8F4.jpg

YA6ZF4I.jpg

0CipsDP.jpg