• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Must be a typo or unclear translation. It should be 1 regular chouriço, plus 1 chouriço de sangue (contains blood, looks completely black). I have had a look in my fantastic Portuguese book to see the ingredients for cozido.

It's my number one Portuguese dish, which surprises all Portuguese. This is how they know how much a foreigner loves their cuisine or country as it's not a dish many tourists know about or want to eat whilst on a short holiday.

Cozido de Portuguesa, is also Portugal's most loved dish, on par with sardinhas assadas.

BonVivant

BonVivant

Must be a typo or unclear translation. It should be 1 regular chouriço, plus 1 chouriço de sangue (contains blood, looks completely black). I have had a look in my fantastic Portuguese book to see the ingredients for cozida.

It's my number one Portuguese dish, which surprises all Portuguese. This is how they know how much a foreigner loves their cuisine or country as it's not a dish many tourists know about or want to eat whilst on a short holiday.

Cozido de Portuguesa, is also Portugal's most loved dish, on par with sardinhas assadas.