• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

22 minutes ago, SusieQ said:

WASA is probably my favorite cracker. This is the light rye version. Whole grain rye flour, salt. "May contain wheat, milk, and sesame." Cover says "Swedish style" but the back says product of Germany. I used to like the full rye version but I can't chew them anymore.  😒

Yes. They are available online here (somewhat expensively). Their origin is "interesting". Some vendors describe them as Swedish made in Germany; others as Dutch made in Italy.

One describes them as "Spot Dutch import Italian German import WASA Vassa crackers Original multi-fiber sesame recommended" then says the factory is in the USA!

I'll call them UN Crackers.

liuzhou

liuzhou

15 minutes ago, SusieQ said:

WASA is probably my favorite cracker. This is the light rye version. Whole grain rye flour, salt. "May contain wheat, milk, and sesame." Cover says "Swedish style" but the back says product of Germany. I used to like the full rye version but I can't chew them anymore.  😒

Yes. They are available online here (somewhat expensively). Their origin is "interesting". Some vendors describe them as Swedish made in Germany; others as Dutch made in Italy.

One describes them as "Spot Dutch import Italian German import WASA Vassa crackers Original multi-fiber sesame recommended" then says the factory is in the USA!

I'll call the UN Crackers.