• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

河内熟牛肉粉 (hé nèi shú niú ròu fěn), Hà Nội Phở Bò, Hanoi Beef Phở

Beef tendons, beef brisket, scallion, red chilli, bean sprouts, Thai basil and mint and rice noodles in a rich beef broth. Came with a mean ¼ of a tiny Vietnamese lime.

pho2.thumb.jpg.a2384c92abd522948694f2cd6e5bd86d.jpg

Phở Bò in China

From the my local Vietnamese restaurant named 西贡 (xī gòng) which is Sài Gòn in Vietnamese and Saigon in English.

saigonlogo.thumb.jpg.2f51837e3bb75c5ca861de10a2209498.jpg

The restaurant isn't bad but ludicrously overpriced. This was ¥36 while I can get a not too dissimilar Chinese beef noodle dish for ¥12. I can't see many locals biting. There are a lot of Vietnamese students in the local colleges. They definitely won't be coming.

I can't remember how much I paid last time I was in Vietnam (2018), but much, much less for a better bowl and unlimited lime.

Phosaigon.jpg.e68efd9e446f5742d78dc7e1630c065c.jpg

Phở Bò in Vietnam

liuzhou

liuzhou

河内熟牛肉粉 (hé nèi shú niú ròu fěn), Hanoi Phở Bò, Hanoi Beef Phở

Beef tendons, beef brisket, scallion, red chilli, bean sprouts, Thai basil and mint and rice noodles in a rich beef broth. Came with a mean ¼ of a tiny Vietnamese lime.

Phở Bò in China

From the my local Vietnamese restaurant named 西贡 (xī gòng) which is Sài Gòn in Vietnamese and Saigon in English.

saigonlogo.thumb.jpg.2f51837e3bb75c5ca861de10a2209498.jpg

The restaurant isn't bad but ludicrously overpriced. This was ¥36 while I can get a not too dissimilar Chinese beef noodle dish for ¥12. I can't see many locals biting. There are a lot of Vietnamese students in the local colleges. They definitely won't be coming.

I can't remember how much I paid last time I was in Vietnam (2018), but much, much less for a better bowl and unlimited lime.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Phở Bò in China

From the my local Vietnamese restaurant named 西贡 (xī gòng) which is Sài Gòn in Vietnamese and Saigon in English. The restaurant isn't bad but ludicrously overpriced. This was ¥36 while I can get a not too dissimilar Chinese beef noodle dish for ¥12. I can't see many locals biting. There are a lot of Vietnamese students in the local colleges. They definitely won't be coming.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Phở Bò in China

From the my local Vietnamese restaurant named 西贡 (xī gòng) which is Sài Gòn in Vietnamese and Saigon in English. The restaurant isn't bad but ludicrously overpriced. This was ¥36 while I can get a not too dissimilar Chinese beef noodle dish for ¥12. I can't see many locals biting. There a lot of Vietnamese students in the local colleges. They definitely won't be coming.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Beef tendons, beef brisket, scallion, red chilli, bean sprouts, Thai basil and mint and rice noodles in a rich beef broth. Came with ¼ of a tiny Vietnamese lime.

Phở Bò in China

From the my local Vietnamese restaurant named 西贡 (xī gòng) which is Sài Gòn in Vietnamese and Saigon in English. The restaurant isn't bad but ludicrously overpriced. This was ¥36 while I can get a not too dissimilar Chinese beef noodle dish for ¥12. I can't see many locals biting. There a lot of Vietnamese students in the local colleges. They definitely won't be coming.

I can't remember how much I paid last time I was in Vietnam (2018), but much less for a better bowl and unlimited lime.