• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

clarification

21 hours ago, zend said:

My attempt at Uyghur Lamb Skewers (Yang Rou Chuanr). Oven baked, pre-marinated 4hrs in an onion blend.

Your overlong link doesn't work.

Uyghur lamb skewers are never oven baked. The roadside cooks/vendors don't have ovens! They are grilled and they are almost everywhere called 羊肉串 (yáng ròu chuàn). The /r/ ending in 羊肉串儿 (yáng ròu chuàn ér) is only used in Beijing dialect where they add it to almost everything. Beijing is over 3,000 Km / 3,800 miles from Xinjiang, home of the Uyghurs.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, zend said:

My attempt at Uyghur Lamb Skewers (Yang Rou Chuanr). Oven baked, pre-marinated 4hrs in an onion blend.

Uyghur lamb skewers are never oven baked. They don't have ovens! They are grilled and they are almost everywhere called 羊肉串 (yáng ròu chuàn). The /r/ ending in 羊肉串儿 (yáng ròu chuàn ér) is only used in Beijing dialect where they add it to almost everything. Beijing is over 3,000 Km / 3,800 miles from Xinjiang, home of the Uyghurs.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, zend said:

Uyghur lamb skewers are never oven baked. They don't have ovens! They are grilled and they are almost everywhere called 羊肉串 (yáng ròu chuàn). The /r/ ending in 羊肉串儿 (yáng ròu chuàn ér) is only used in Beijing dialect where they add it to almost everything. Beijing is over 3,000 Km / 3,800 miles from Xinjiang, home to the Uyhurs.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, zend said:

Uyghur lamb skewers are never oven baked. They don't have ovens! They are grilled. and they are almost everywhere called 羊肉串 (yáng ròu chuàn). The /r/ ending in 羊肉串儿 (yáng ròu chuàn ér) is only used in Beijing dialect where they add it to almost everything.