• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I found a new Hunan restaurant on my on-line delivery app. Ordered two dishes.

爆炒猪腰 [加菜] (bào chǎo zhū yāo [jiā cài]), Stir fried* pork kidney [with added vegetables].

豆豉烧椒 (dòu chǐ shāo jiāo), Roasted peppers with fermented black beans.

These came with rice and a simple soup. Easily enough to feed two.

Unusually, and not what I expected, the two dishes had been packed in one bowl over the rice. I don’t mind, but if I weren't having to eat in bed, I would prefer to serve them separately.

KidneyandPeppers.thumb.jpg.ef30e724665550d6904aa02b4065de0b.jpg

soup.thumb.jpg.3ac36e3df56d6492dad0c3d9c62c04e5.jpg

The meal arrived within 20 minutes and cost me the equivalent of $3.56 USD. Their menu is rather limited, but they are new. Hopefully this will change. It tasted just like what I ate when I lived in Hunan.

* 爆炒 (bào chǎo) specifically means stir-frying at a very high temperature.

liuzhou

liuzhou

爆炒猪腰 [加菜] (bào chǎo zhū yāo [jiā cài]), Stir fried* pork kidney [with added vegetables].

Unusually, and not what I expected, the two dishes had been packed in one bowl over the rice. I don’t mind, but if I weren't having to eat in bed, I would prefer to serve them separately.

soup.thumb.jpg.725b5420fca205a6b2a7c1d39e11cc5c.jpg

The meal arrived within 20 minutes and cost me the equivalent of $3.56 USD. Their menu is rather limited, but they are new. Hopefully this will change. It tasted just like what I ate when I lived in Hunan.

soup.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

The meal arrived within 20 minutes and cost me the equivalent of $3.56 USD. Their menu is rather limited, but they are new. Hopefully this will change. It tasted just like what I ate whe I lived in Hunan.

soup.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

These came with rice and a simple soup.

The meal arrived within 20 minutes and cost me the equivalent of $3.56 USD. Their menu is rather limited, but they are new. Hopefully this will change. It tasted just like what I ate whe I lived in Hunan.

soup.jpg