• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie has plans and will not be here at supper time tomorrow so I guess you could call our meal either Good Saturday or Easter Eve.  Easter isn't a big meal deal for us but still we should have at least something a little special. Bone-in not pre sliced is my preference. This kind of ham tastes best to me and makes the best leftover ham and egg salad. I cooked it until warmed with an apricot glaze. Green beans were Southern style like mom used to make... takes an hour. The secret to my deviled eggs is a pinch or powdered Ranch dressing. The rest of the sides were ready made.

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie has plans and will not be here at supper time tomorrow so I guess you could call our meal either Good Saturday or Easter Eve.  Easter isn't a big meal deal for us but still we should have at least something a little special. Bone-in not pre sliced is my preference. This kind of ham tastes best to me and makes the best leftover ham and egg salad. I cooked it until warm through with an apricot glaze. Green beans were Southern style like mom used to make... takes an hour. The secret to my deviled eggs is a pinch or powdered Ranch dressing. The rest of the sides were ready made.

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg