• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I have never had an interest in making Shepards pie until now.  It was  curiosity that finally got me to try it.  I used beef instead of lamb. Lamb is not easy to find here. The cabbage fritters were good though it may not sound like it.. Charlie made a face when I told him they were like potato pancakes but with cabbage, but he liked them when he tasted them. Both were a hit.

IMG_0599.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I have never had an interest in making Shepards pie until now.  It was  curiosity that finally got me to try it.  The cabbage fritters were good though you may not think so. Charlie made a face when I told him they were like potato pancakes but with cabbage, but he like them when he tasted them. Both were a hit with him.

IMG_0599.jpg