• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I found out that my son likes pan fried okra a lot more than I thought.  So before it goes out of season and the farmers markets close, I thought I'd make it one more time.  I saw a Country Style Ribs that looked better that usual. It was one big thick slab of meat with bones.  

Charlie has been doing some remodeling,,, mostly in the basement where I have a pottery studio. He built some shelves which are lighted. He also added some lighting under the cabinets so the kitchen counters are lit.

While I was looking through an old cookbook that I kept before I had a computer, I came across home made corn chips and thought I'd try them again and see how the would compare to todays store bought ones.  They are OK but the taste is not as developed as they have become after all those years.  

Finally Povitica bread is BOGO this time of the year and we had some of that too.

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1211.jpeg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I found out that my son likes pan fried okra a lot more than I thought.  So before it goes out of season and the farmers markets close, I thought I'd make it one more time.  I saw a Country Style Ribs that looked better that usual. It was one big thick slab of meat with bones.  

Charlie has been doing some remodeling,,, mostly in the basement where I have a pottery studio. He built some shelves which are lighted. He also added some lighting under the cabinets so the kitchen counters are lit.

While I was looking through an old cookbook that I kept before I had a computer, I came across home made corn chips and thought I'd try them again and see how the would compare to todays store bought ones.  They are OK but the taste is not a developed as they have become after all those years.  

Finally Povitica bread is BOGO this time of the year and we had some of that too.

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1211.jpeg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie has been doing some remodeling,,, mostly in the basement where I have a pottery studio. He built some shelves which are lighted. He also added some lighting under the cabinets so the kitchen counters are lit. I con't get that picture to post though.

While I was looking through an old cookbook that I kept before I had a computer, I came across home made corn chips and thought I'd try them again and see how the would compare to todays store bought ones.  They are OK but the taste is not a developed as they have become after all those years.  

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg