• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

After being traumatised by that dreadful "fish and chips" disaster, I went back to China and ordered some 花椰菜炒肉片 (huā yē cài chǎo ròu piàn), stir-fried pork slices with cauliflower. Or I thought I did. What turned up was 花椰菜炒肉末 (huā yē cài chǎo ròu mò), stir fried minced pork with cauliflower. I can live with that.

They offered a choice of four spicy heat levels, no chilli, mildly spicy, hot, or HOT. I went for hot, but suspect they sent HOT. I can live with that, too.

With rice, of course and a side of water spinach.

cauliflower.thumb.jpg.0b533453c0963964263749d84314b917.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

After being traumatised by that dreadful "fish and chips" disaster, I went back to China and ordered some

花椰菜炒肉片 (huā yē cài chǎo ròu piàn), stir-fried pork slices with cauliflower. Or I thought I did. What turned up was 花椰菜炒肉末 (huā yē cài chǎo ròu mò), stir fried minced pork with cauliflower. I can live with that.

They offered a choice of four spicy heat levels, no chilli, mildly spicy, hot, or HOT. I went for hot, but suspect they sent HOT. I can live with that, too.

With rice, of course and a side of water spinach.

cauliflower.thumb.jpg.0b533453c0963964263749d84314b917.jpg