• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 10/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, Dejah said:

Tried Rock Fish for the first time this evening. Meat/fish guy said it's similar to cod, so I made Fish'n'Chips.

Rock and chips is or was common in British fish and chip shops when I was a kid. Cheaper than cod or haddock. I'm not sure however if that is the same species as rock fish in North America whichI'm told comes from the Pacific.

Cod is certainly better, but in my opinion haddock is the winner for fish and chips. It's more popular in Scotland.

I've been really craving fish and chips recently, but I'm reliant on delivery meals due to my health or rather lack of it, and the locals don't do fish and chips. My nearest fish and chip options are in Hong Kong, 316 miles, a day and a lot of administrative hassle away.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

Tried Rock Fish for the first time this evening. Meat/fish guy said it's similar to cod, so I made Fish'n'Chips.

Rock and chips is or was common in British fish and chip shops when I was a kid. Cheaper than cod or haddock. I'm not sure however if that is the same species as rock fish in North America whichI'm told comes from the Pacific.

Cod is certainly better, but in my opinion haddock is the winner for fish and chips. It's more popular in Scotland.

I've been really craving fish and chips recently, but I'm reliant on delivery meals due to my health or rather lack of it, and the locals don't do fish and chips. My nearest fish and chip options are in Hong Kong, 316 miles, a day and a lot of administrative hassle away.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

I've been really craving fish and chips recently, but I'm reliant on delivery meals due to my health or rather lack of it, and the locals don't do fish and chips. My nearest fish and chip options are in Hong Kong, a day and a lot of administrative hassle away.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Dejah said:

Rock and chips is or was common in British fish and chip shops when I was a kid. Cheaper than cod or haddock. I'm not sure however ifthat was the same species as rock fish in North America which comes from the Pacific.

I've been really craving fish and chips recently, but I'm reliant on delivery meals due to my health or rather lack of it, and the locals don't do fish and chips. My nearest fish and chip options are in Hong Kong, a day and a lot of administrative hassle away.