• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

57 minutes ago, TicTac said:

Suffer the Atlantic halibut instead!? ;)

I've no problem with Atlantic halibut however:

i/ The fishery for halibut here has severely declined. It's not fished locally (where I can drive to buy).

ii/ I'll only purchase fish that I know where it's coming from. At the prices halibut commands there's a lot of shady sellers. I'd want to see the fish or at least the filets (with skin attached) my purchase if coming from.

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

45 minutes ago, TicTac said:

Suffer the Atlantic halibut instead!? ;)

I've no problem with Atlantic halibut however:

i/ The fishery for halibut here has severely declined. It's not fished locally (where I can drive to buy).

ii/ I'll only purchase fish that I know where it's coming from. At the prices halibut commands there's a lot of shady sellers I'd want to see the fish or       or at least the filets (with skin attached) my purchase if coming from.