• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

3 hours ago, lindag said:

I had some of WFork's wild shrimp and thought they were excellent.

I did not want to repeat myself too much. I've been more than happy with WildFork across the board. This disappointment with the salmon is in a recent up-thread about the salmon. Not just me. Other have had similar issues. Scales and pin bones.

WildFork pork shoulder, lamb rack, the smoked duck breasts for example, and most of the seafood is excellent. As is the wild caught gulf shrimp. 

We need quick meals this time of year. We are planning a big road trip and the smoked duck breasts x six and many cheeses will travel with us. --and the over-stock of RG beans, --eye roll.  But I leave those beans for my Canadian friends we don't consume during our trip. Nice parting gift.

The smoked duck at 7 ounces for 8$ is two meals. A noodle bowl and next day tacos. We have a side wood fire smoker and an electric smoker. Having fully cooked smoked duck at such quality---win-win with so many house guests. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 12.02.20 PM.png

Annie_H

Annie_H

2 hours ago, lindag said:

I had some of WFork's wild shrimp and thought they were excellent.

I did not want to repeat myself too much. I've been more than happy with WildFork across the board. This disappointment with the salmon is in a recent up-thread about the salmon. Not just me. Other have had similar issues. Scales and pin bones.

WildFork pork shoulder, lamb rack, the smoked duck breasts for example, and most of the seafood is excellent. As is the wild caught gulf shrimp. 

We need quick meals this time of year. We are planning a big road trip and the smoked duck breasts x six and many cheeses will travel with us. --and the over-stock of RG beans, --eye roll.  But I leave those beans for my Canadian friends we don't consume during our trip. Nice leaving gift.

The smoked duck at 7 ounces for 8$ is two meals. A noodle bowl and next day tacos. We have a side wood fire smoker and an electric smoker. Having fully cooked smoked duck at such quality---win-win with so many house guests. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 12.02.20 PM.png