• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

Tuna pasta/tuna salad

Another "what's in fridge and pantry cleanout" situation.

A bag of mini shell pasta; cans of tuna hoarded from pandemic shopping; several partial jars of pickled items (sweet pickles, dill pickles, banana peppers, olives etc); frozen cubes of braised celery........

I boiled the pasta shells in the brine from the emptying jars of the pickled stuff.  That took care of any seasoning needed, it really works well for pasta!   

I threw the hot noodles in a bowl with the frozen celery, thinking I'd let it cool to then add the other items.  In through the door walks a hungry person.  I added all the  items (except mayo) to the hot noodles and mixed it up.  A nice warm tuna pasta dish.   No complaints!

Later, it will be cold tuna pasta salad when I add the mayo.

lemniscate

lemniscate

Tuna pasta/tuna salad

Another "what's in fridge and pantry cleanout" situation.

A bag of mini shell pasta; cans of tuna hoarded from pandemic shopping; several partial jars of pickled items (sweet pickles, dill pickles, banana peppers, olives etc); frozen cubes of braised celery........

I boiled the pasta shells in the brine from the emptying jars of the pickled stuff.  That took care of any seasoning needed, it really works well for pasta!   

I threw the hot noodles in a bowl with the frozen celery, thinking I'd let it cool to then add the other items.  In through the door walks a hungry person.  I added all the  items (except mayo) to the hot noodles and mixed it up.  A nice warm tuna pasta dish.   No complaints!

Later, it will be cold pasta salad when I add the mayo.