• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

@rotuts, two eggs, about 3 rounded tablespoons sour cream, two pieces, 2x3 by 1/4” of Gouda/Parmesan.  In addition, two yellow teardrop tomatoes, s/p and chervil.  Fridge temp eggs and cheese, blitzed all with an immersion blender. Water was preheated in IP, * 4 containers were set on a trivet, low pressure, 00:00,steam,  immediate release, 3 qt. IP. Eggs have a “custardy” consistency. Containers were filled about halfway, they are 1 1/2” deep by about 3+ inches. Volume measurement is a half cup. They are used for eggs in aspic as well. Interior temperature of the cooked eggs was 163*, I shoot for 160*.

IMG_4944.jpeg

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

@rotuts, two eggs, about 3 rounded tablespoons sour cream, two pieces, 2x3 by 1/4” of Gouda/Parmesan.  In addition, two yellow teardrop tomatoes, s/p and chervil.  Fridge temp eggs and cheese, blitzed all with an immersion blender. Water was preheated in IP, * 4 containers were set on a trivet, low pressure, 00:00, immediate release, 3 qt. IP. Eggs have a “custardy” consistency. Containers were filled about halfway, they are 1 1/2” deep by about 3+ inches. Volume measurement is a half cup. They are used for eggs in aspic as well. Interior temperature of the cooked eggs was 163*, I shoot for 160*.

IMG_4944.jpeg

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

@rotuts, two eggs, about 3 rounded tablespoons sour cream, two pieces, 2x3 by 1/4” of Gouda/Parmesan.  In addition, two yellow teardrop tomatoes, s/p and chervil.  Fridge temp eggs and cheese, blitzed all with an immersion blender. Water was preheated in IP, * 4 containers were set on a trivet, low pressure, 00:00, immediate release, 3 qt. IP. Containers were filled about halfway, they are 1 1/2” deep by about 3+ inches. Volume measurement is a half cup. They are used for eggs in aspic as well. Interior temperature of the cooked eggs was 163*, I shoot for 160*.

IMG_4944.jpeg