• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, gfweb said:

I've found that you need to cook the hell out of Mexican chorizo before it will get crumbly.  Problem is when it loses all the fat, so goes the flavor.

You could fry potatoes in it though.

Good point. I've seen the cooks do it on the flat top so maybe that intense orange grease flavored other items But the chorizo I ate was still delightfully flavorful. Warning: never cook chorizo for 2 drunk guys at 2am and be left with a pan of eggs mixed with mostly orange grease. They passed out...

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, gfweb said:

I've found that you need to cook the hell out of Mexican chorizo before it will get crumbly.  Problem is when it loses all the fat, so goes the flavor.

You could fry potatoes in it though.

Good point. I've seen the cooks do it on the flat top so maybe that intense orange grease flavored other items But the chorizo I ate was still delightfully flavorful. Warning: never cook chorizo for 2 drunk guys at 2am and be left with a pan of eggs mixed with mostly orange greae. They passed out...