• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

As I said, I am talking about restaurant situations and I have spent too many hours tempering egg pans to risk even the tiniest scratch. There are two things in the kitchen that I am completely anal about and those are my knives and my egg pans. There's nothing worse than getting your rhythm going and then having an egg pan that sticks.

Fortunately, today most restaurants use Teflon but I remember the "good old days" when you had to protect them like they were gold or you spent hours tempering them all over again.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

As I said, I am talking about restaurant situations and I have spent too many hours tempering egg pans to risk even the tiniest scratch. There are two things in the kitchen that I am completely anal about and those are my knives and my egg pans. There's nothing worse than getting your rhythm going and then having an egg pan that sticks.

Fortunately, today most restaurants use Teflon but I remember the "good old days" when you had to protect them like they were gold or you spent hours tampering them all over again.