• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Anna N @lemniscate

I do love a recipe that starts

Kill the duck quickly and cleanly and sever the head. Catch the blood in a glass or ceramic bowl.

Here is a recipe for czarnina (which does include the dried fruit). After the recipe is a short reminiscence of growing up with the dish. I like a story wth my recipes, not that I'm likely ever to make this. It's a lot of work, especially for an old man living alone!

1052px-Czernina_Oborniki.thumb.jpg.05655fd00032b2d339b368ea401fd4af.jpg

Czarnina - Image by MOs810, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Anna N @lemniscate

I do love a recipe that starts

Kill the duck quickly and cleanly and sever the head. Catch the blood in a glass or ceramic bowl.

Here is a recipe for czarnina (which does include the dried fruit). After the recipe is a short reminiscence of growing up with the dish. I like a story wth my recipes, not that I'm likely ever to make this. It's a lot of work, especially for an old man living alone!