• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

The inevitable adjustments. Two friends can’t make it, so no cheesecake and no green beans. I’m making the Brussels sprouts mustard slaw from NY Times Essentials. I’d given it a test run a few weeks ago before my friend volunteered green beans and we like it. Winemaker friend is bringing a red wine cranberry sauce so I’m not making one. And I know we’ll be fine for desserts:  here they are minus the last minute garnish for that cranberry tart. And a pic of my butter calculator from last night’s prep!

40AF6BA2-5D45-44F4-857E-E533A50B6456.jpeg

0D4D9B40-F83E-453E-8DF8-7F9B5C99AF83.jpeg

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

The inevitable adjustments. Two friends can’t make it, so no cheesecake and no green beans. I’m making the Brussels sprouts mustard slaw from NY Times Essentials. I’d given it a test run a few weeks ago before my friend volunteered green beans and we like it. Winemaker friend is bringing a red wine cranberry sauce so I’m not making one. And I know we’ll be fine for desserts:  here they are minus the last minute garnish for that cranberry tart. And a pic of my butter calculator from last nights prep!

40AF6BA2-5D45-44F4-857E-E533A50B6456.jpeg

0D4D9B40-F83E-453E-8DF8-7F9B5C99AF83.jpeg