• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 3/1/2022 at 1:06 PM, FlashJack said:

I note your black pudding sausage in a further post. Is the Stornaway version local? I can't figure the address.

Stornoway is just over 9,000 miles away from me, so not very local. It was more local when I was a child - a mere 186 miles.

I get it occasionally from a Spanish delicatessen.

I assume you mean morcilla. It is made more like the Chinese version in that it uses rice.

It's now impossible to buy pork lights. I trust you have no trouble with that.

No. I can buy any part of the pig, except its squeal.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, FlashJack said:

I note your black pudding sausage in a further post. Is the Stornaway version local? I can't figure the address.

Stornoway is just over 9,000 miles away from me, so not very local. It was more local when I ws a child - a mere 186 miles.

I get it occasionally from a Spanish delicatessen.

I assume you mean morcilla. It is made more like the Chinese version in that it uses rice.

It's now impossible to buy pork lights. I trust you have no trouble with that.

No. I can buy any part of the pig, except its squeal.