• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

According to several sources on the internet, it can be done. Mine would be a fairly dark roux (for gumbo.) I will be making the gumbo at my sister's house and there will be two other people cooking at the same time, all making different components of the meal. I thought it would free up the kitchen considerably if the roux could be made ahead of time. I will be leaving on a Tuesday, it is about a 5 hour drive and the meal will be served on the following Thursday. Just wondered if anyone had done this (or kept it in the fridge for about 3 days) with satisfactory results?

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

According to several sources on the internet, it can be done. Mine would be a fairly dark roux (for gumbo.) I will be making it at my sister's house and there will be two other people cooking at the same time, all making different components of the meal. I thought it would free up the kitchen considerably if the roux could be made ahead of time. I will be leaving on a Tuesday, it is about a 5 hour drive and the meal will be served on the following Thursday. Just wondered if anyone had done this (or kept it in the fridge for about 3 days) with satisfactory results?