• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Soy sauce

glenn

2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

A good introduction to Chinese home cooking is Every Grain of Rice: Simple Chinese Home Cooking by Fuchsia Dunlop (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). That is the food my neighbours are cooking every day.

Super, thanks. I downloaded the kindle version.

blue_dolphin - Asians in Medellín are rare, let alone Asian restaurants. The several Chinese restaurants are awful and feature dishes like chow mein and egg foo yung. Surprisingly though, there's a good Vietnamese restaurant and I've called on them for help in sourcing ingredients. There are no Asian food groups (I looked), though there is a helpful food group on FB for Medellín expats. However, I'm pretty much on my own with Chinese cooking. Thank goodness for the Internet and youtube. And egullet. I didn't think to look around for Internet forums until now and was pleasantly surprised to find a Chinese section here.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Looking for something else, I just refound this topic which had slipped my memory. I'm now wondering how your Chinese cooking investigations are going a year later, if you don't mind relating.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

On 6/3/2023 at 6:41 AM, liuzhou said:

Looking for something else, I just refound this topic which had slipped my memory. I'm now wondering how your Chinese cooking investigations are going a year later, if you don't mind relating.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by glenn (log)
  • Like 1