• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Or maybe … France*

Definitely...but I do think the ones at Katja come from Holland or Belgium - I'll try to get a picture the next shipment.

And we look forward to seeing how you like to prep and eat them. FWIW, at Katja they are trimmed, peeled almost to the top; the trimmings are then used to make a stock. The spargel is poached in that stock, which has a little added sugar; evidently helps bring out the natural sweetness.

How do like them? Hollandaise? Drawn butter?

weinoo

weinoo

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Or maybe … France*

Definitely...but I do think the ones at Katja come from Holland or Belgium - I'll try to get a picture the next shipment.

And we look forward to seeing how you like to prep and eat them. FWIW, at Katja they are trimmed peeled almost to the top; the trimmings are then used to make a stock. The spargel is poached in that stock, which has a little added sugar which evidently helps bring out the natural sweetness.

How do like them? Hollandaise? Drawn butter?