• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It was pretty cold yesterday but today it was very pleasant to be outside.  Last night Charle brought home some pre seasoned chicken for me to cook.  I went to the store and got some plain chicken pieces to cook with them.  I was afraid the store ones wouldn't be very good.  Charlie took one bite and discovered that was the case with these.  He liked the other ones.  I brined them for about 20 minutes with two cups of apple juice, a couple tablespoons of honey and 1/4 C. Canning and pickling salt.  I rinsed and dried them, sprinkled them with Cajun seasoning and smoked them all @250º until they read 165º... about 3 1/2 hours, spritzing them with more apple juice every 30 minutes or so.  I roasted the potatoes using a Greek style recipe, the slaw was a KFC copycat.  

image-2.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It was pretty cold yesterday but today it was very pleasant to be outside.  Last night Charle brought home some pre seasoned chicken for me to cook.  I went to the store and got some plain chicken pieces to cook with them.  I was afraid the store ones wouldn't be very good.  Charlie took one bite and discovered that was the case with these.  He liked the other ones.  I brined them for about 20 minutes with two cups of apple juice, a couple tablespoons of honey and 1/4 C. Canning and pickling salt.  I rinsed and dried them, sprinkled them with Cajun seasoning and smoked them all @250º until they read 165º... about 3 1/2 hours.  I roasted the potatoes using a Greek style recipe, the slaw was a KFC copycat.  

image-2.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpg